LIVE ON TALKSPORT
27th December 2019,
Premier League games are coming thick and fast this week.
No sooner have we had a festive feast, another round of fixtures are here – and that’s before the New Year spectacle!
So onto Saturday where GameDay is upon us once again. Up first it’s:
Brighton vs Bournemouth at 12:30pm on talkSPORT
To tune in, just click here for the live stream or click the radio player below
You can also listen through the talkSPORT App, on DAB Digital Radio or on MW 1053 or 1089.
For more information about how to listen LIVE on talkSPORT click here
- Brighton are winless in their four Premier League matches with Bournemouth (D1 L3), losing this exact fixture 0-5 last season.
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in their last five away games against Brighton in all competitions (W2 D3), since a 2-3 loss in January 2008 in League One.
- After winning their final league game of 2016 and 2017, Bournemouth lost their final Premier League of 2018, 1-4 at Manchester United.
- Brighton have lost nine Premier League home games in 2019, more than any other side in the competition.
- Bournemouth won their last Premier League away game, 1-0 against Chelsea. They last won back-to-back league games on the road in October 2018. The Cherries are also unbeaten in their last three Premier League away games against fellow south coast sides, netting 11 goals in that run (W2 D1).
- Brighton have won just one of their last eight Premier League games (D2 L5), beating Arsenal 2-1 in December. The Seagulls are winless in their last four (D2 L2), throwing away a lead in three of those games.
- Bournemouth have won just one of their last eight Premier League games (D1 L6). Indeed, the Cherries have won fewer points over the last eight Premier League games than any other side (4).
- Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson has scored in all three of his league games at the Amex Stadium (1 in Championship, 2 in Premier League), also providing two assists in the Cherries 5-0 win at the ground last season.
- Five of Brighton’s last nine Premier League goals have been scored by defenders (Adam Webster x2, Lewis Dunk x2 and Shane Duffy). These five strikes have also all come from set-piece situations.
- Bournemouth’s Dan Gosling has scored two goals in six Premier League appearances this season, as many as he netted in 25 games in the competition last term.
Jamie O’Hara says Aston Villa could be in big trouble after losing John McGinn
Watford vs Aston Villa at 3pm on talkSPORT
- Having failed to win any of their first four Premier League meetings with Aston Villa and failing to score each time (D1 L3), Watford won both matches against them the last time they met in 2015-16, both by a 3-2 scoreline.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their nine away league games against Watford (D3 L5), winning 1-0 in the Premier League in August 1999.
- Watford haven’t won their last league game in a calendar year since 2014 (4-2 at Cardiff), drawing two and losing two since.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last seven final league games in a calendar year (D4 L2), beating Middlesbrough 1-0 in the Championship in 2017.
- Watford’s victory against Man United in their last home league game ended a run of 12 without a win at Vicarage Road (D5 L7). It was also the first time this season the Hornets had taken the lead in a Premier League home match.
- Aston Villa have only won one of their last 27 Premier League away games (D4 L22), winning 5-1 at Norwich in October. The Villans have won fewer points on the road than any other side in the Premier League this season (4).
- Watford have won four points in their last two Premier League games, as many as they had from the previous 21 available in the competition (W1 D1 L5).
- Watford have conceded more goals from penalties than any other Premier League side this season (5). Meanwhile, Aston Villa are one of just four clubs yet to score from the spot this season.
- Since his debut for the club in January 2018, Gerard Deulofeu has scored more Premier League goals than any other Watford player (14).
- Jack Grealish has both scored more goals (5) and provided more assists (5) in the Premier League than any other Aston Villa player this season. He’s the first player to both score 5+ and assist 5+ goals in a Premier League season for the Villans since Gabriel Agbonlahor in 2011/12.
Norwich vs Tottenham at 5.30pm on talkSPORT
- Norwich have won just one of their eight home Premier League games against Tottenham (D2 L5), winning 1-0 in February 2014.
- Tottenham won 3-0 in both league meetings with Norwich in the 2015-16 campaign – they last won three in a row against the Canaries in April 1995.
- Tottenham lost their last league game in 2018, going down 1-3 against newly promoted Wolves. They’ve not lost their final league game in consecutive years since 2003.
- Norwich have won just one of their last 14 Premier League games (D3 L10), and are winless in six (D2 L4). However, when starting the day bottom of the Premier League table, the Canaries are unbeaten in six games (W5 D1), in a run stretching back to April 2005.
- After a run of 12 Premier League away games without a win, Tottenham have won two of their last three on the road (L1). The Lilywhites are without a clean sheet in 16 Premier League away games, their longest run without one in the top-flight since a run of 20 between April 1976-April 1977.
- Norwich are winless in their last six Premier League home games (D1 L5), and are without a clean sheet in their last 13 at Carrow Road in the competition. Indeed, the Canaries have conceded at least twice in their last eight Premier League home games, the second longest such run in the competition’s history (Wolves, 11 in April 2012).
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored four goals in his two Premier League appearances against Norwich. Indeed, in all competitions since the start of 2014/15, Kane has scored 17 goals in 15 games against sides he’s previously played for (13 in 12 vs Leicester, 4 in 2 vs Norwich, 0 in 1 vs Millwall).
- Tottenham’s Dele Alli has been involved in more goals in all competitions for the club under José Mourinho than any other player (8 – 5 goals, 3 assists).
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has scored 135 goals in 199 Premier League appearances. The only players with more in their first 200 matches in the competition are Alan Shearer (145) and Sergio Agüero (138).
- After winning 17 of his first 18 such games (L1), Tottenham boss Mourinho has lost each of his last three Premier League away games against promoted sides, all with Manchester United in the 2017-18 campaign.
Gary O’Neil says West Ham must sack Manuel Pellegrini
West Ham vs Leicester at 5.30pm on talkSPORT 2
The other game in the evening, which is live across the talkSPORT network sees struggling West Ham take on high-flying Leicester, who were brought down to Earth by Liverpool on Boxing Day.
Brendan Rodgers is loved by the fans, but the same cannot be said about Manuel Pellegrini at West Ham.