The full 2020 schedule for Major League Soccer is here.
Matches for the league’s 25th season will begin on Feb. 29 and run all the way through Decision Day presented by AT&T on Oct. 4. This coming season will see more games than ever before as MLS expands to 26 clubs with the debuts of Inter Miami CF and Nashville SC. As well as more games, 2020 will also see the most expansive network television coverage in league history.
The competition is set to be fierce all season long with teams competing for seven playoff spots in each conference and all-important home-field advantage during the single-elimination postseason.
- Each club will play 34 games — 17 home games and 17 away games.
- Teams will face conference opponents twice, and play 10 games against non-conference opponents.
Opening Weekend: Feb. 29 & March 1
- Saturday: Nashville SC play their inaugural MLS match on Feb. 29 against Atlanta United as part of a slate that features eight matches.
- Sunday: Inter Miami CF will play their debut match on March 1 with a road tilt against LAFC, in a day that will showcase five games.
- Nashville SC will play their first MLS regular-season home match at Nissan Stadium on Feb. 29 when they face Atlanta United.
- Inter Miami’s home opener will be March 14 against the LA Galaxy at Inter Miami CF Stadium in Fort Lauderdale.
- Chicago Fire FC will return to Soldier Field in 2020, with their first home date on March 21 against Atlanta United.
MLS Cup Rematch
- Seattle Sounders vs. Toronto FC has been the defining MLS Cup matchup over the past half-decade, and the teams will square off in the regular season in 2020 on July 18 at BMO Field, live on TSN and available on MLS LIVE through ESPN+ in the US.
25th Season Celebration Matches
- On April 6, 1996, the inaugural MLS match was played between D.C. United and the San Jose Clash (now Earthquakes) and just after that anniversary the two clubs will line up again on April 11, 2020, in a rematch of the inaugural game, broadcast live on ESPN and ESPN Deportes.
- In addition, the two 1996 MLS Cup finalists will also face off in 2020 with the LA Galaxy hosting D.C. United on May 27.
2020 All-Star Game in Los Angeles
- Banc of California Stadium will play host to the 2020 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target on July 29 against a Liga MX All-Star team in an unprecedented event (ESPN, Univision networks, TSN, TVA Sports).
Ready for Heineken Rivalry Week?
From August 20-23, you’ll get national broadcasts of some of the best rivalry matches in the league, including:
- Inter Miami vs. Orlando City (Aug. 20; 7:30 pm ET | UniMás)
- Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas (Aug. 20; 9:30 pm ET | UniMás)
- Seattle Sounders vs. Portland Timbers (Aug. 22; 4 pm ET | ESPN)
- Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC (Aug. 22; 8 pm ET | TSN, TVAS)
- Atlanta United vs. Orlando City (Aug. 23; 2:30 pm ET | FOX)
- LA Galaxy vs. LAFC (Aug. 23; 5 pm ET | FOX)
- New York Red Bulls vs. NYCFC (Aug. 23; 7 pm ET | ESPN2)